Saturday, 6 February 2010

Still waiting…..

I have been at Emma’s 10 days now, awaiting the arrival of grandchild No 3, and we are still waiting!  4 days overdue now – we are thinking that a nice hot curry might be in order, but Emma’s not keen as she says it will not shift the baby,  just give her heartburn!!  Watch this space!

Rog has been having some problems with an infected big toe on his right foot, which wouldn’t heal.  5 visits to the doctor, and 5 lots of antibiotics later he was finally referred to the Northampton hospital.  To cut a long story short, he has a narrowed artery in his groin and needs angioplasty to widen it.  He goes for his pre-op assessment next Wednesday, and is booked in to have the op at the Day Surgery Clinic on Feb 18th.  We are very pleased at how quick it as been, compared with some.  If  you have been reading nb Hadar’s blog, you’ll know that Keith is in considerable pain and is waiting for a date to go into hospital for an op.  Hope it all happens soon, Keith.

So, hopefully our trip down to the Kennet and Avon with Karen and Ian on nb Serenity will go ahead as planned, leaving sometime in late March.

The progress has been slow on the dinette alterations, due to the weather, but it should be finished soon, so by the time I get back from Emma’s we should be moving back aboard. Can’t wait!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear that Roger's toe is no better, but it's good news that they (medics) have now discovered why - as you say, hope you don't have to wait too long to get it seen to and Roger back to good health.


We love to read your comments but if you MUST comment as Anonymous, then please sign your comment with your name and/or boat name otherwise we don't know who you are