Yesterday we went over to the marina to make the boat ready for the crane to lift her out this afternoon for the blacking to be done. It was the first time we had had a really good look at the roof, and it wasn’t pretty!
We have been struggling to patch up peeling paint on the roof for a couple of years now, and the last two severe winters haven’t done it any favours. The paint is now peeling off in sheets, so we have decided that it must all come off and be re-painted properly. Lacking the tools and the skill to do it ourselves we have asked for and received a rough estimate for it to be done by the boat painter here at the marina. Hopefully, they will be able to fit it in within the next few weeks. Oh well, it’s only money!!!