Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Wet, Wet, Wet…

No, not the group – us!!  It was cloudy when we left our mooring today, and by the time we got to the first lock it had started to rain.  By the second lock it was raining more heavily and we thought we would moor up, then it seemed to brighten and we decided to continue.  Wrong decision!  Three more locks loomed, but by this time we were soaking anyway so we continued on to our planned destination – the pretty village of Wrenbury, where we are now moored.  After a complete change of clothes and bacon butties for lunch it had stopped raining so we all took a walk into the village for a few supplies and to post a couple of letters.  The sun is shining now, so not a bad evening, but there is a large black cloud heading our way, so we probably haven’t seen the last of the rain yet.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

SDC10198Our mooring at Wrenbury

5.1 miles and 5 locks

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments but if you MUST comment as Anonymous, then please sign your comment with your name and/or boat name otherwise we don't know who you are