Wednesday 20 August 2008

Progress

This is an excerpt from an email I received from Ali at Beacon yesterday -

'Update this morning:
Your sides are now welded up, fitted, and the swim plates are also on. Gaz is starting on the floor angles as we speak!
So, all things considered, he's cracking on pretty well I think! Should at least be something worth photographing when you go up! certainly not just a pile of steel sheets!!
..............it's not far off floatable!!!!'

Good news - he really seems to be getting on well, considering he's only been working on the shell for a week! We are off to Shropshire on Sept 1st, so will call in at XR & D on the way to have a look at progress and take some photos to liven up this 'not very exciting at the moment' blog.

We have been buying new stuff for ages - so far I've got new saucepans, crockery, toaster and kettle, table mats and other assorted galley stuff, and a Cobb barbecue. I don't really need new stuff, because what we've got is in perfect working order, but it's a good excuse!! The biggest purchase so far is the two leather 'captain's chairs' that we bought from Furniture Village - almost identical to the ones sold by 'Wilsons', but half the price! I've also spotted an ironing board in 'Argos' that folds in half, so I think that will be my next purchase. Now, I'm not one for doing much ironing, but I suppose that there will be times that we want to look reasonably crease-free when we go to the pub for a meal (they might not serve us if we look too disheveled!) and I'm useless at ironing on a blanket on the table, so an ironing board that I can fold up and put in the back of the wardrobe will be ideal - that way I won't have to look at it too often and feel guilty!! I want some new bedding too, but can't seem to find any that I like - don't know what I want really, but I'll know it when I see it. We are going to wait for the January sales to buy the telly, washing machine and dryer, to see if we can get them a bit cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments but if you MUST comment as Anonymous, then please sign your comment with your name and/or boat name otherwise we don't know who you are