Friday 9 July 2010

Being a tourist

On Wednesday Karen, Ian and I caught the bus to Piccadilly and bought tickets for Jersey Boys for Karen and I as I’ve been wanting to see it ever since it came to the West End.  We then did the tourist bit and walked to Trafalgar Square

[0015.jpg]

006

Nelson’s Colum

down the Mall to Buckingham Palace

[0145.jpg]

Queen Victoria Memorial, Buckingham Palace

012

Changing the guard

and across Green Park back to Piccadilly

013

022

Eros, Piccadilly Circus

In the evening we went back to see Jersey Boys, which was fantastic, and on our way back to the bus stop to return to Paddington Basin, were treated to lots of jubilant Spanish football fans enjoying their victory over Germany. They were bullfighting the taxis, and Eros was sporting a Spanish flag at 10.30pm!

Photos courtesy of Serenity’s blog as I didn’t have my camera with me, thinking we were just going for theatre tickets and then coming straight back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments but if you MUST comment as Anonymous, then please sign your comment with your name and/or boat name otherwise we don't know who you are